Global Merchant Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express-branded Cards. U.S. Merchant Acquisition and Supplier Enablement (MASE) is an organization comprised of 140 professionals dedicated to signing and enabling U.S. merchants for AXP Card acceptance. Merchant Acquisition contributes over $5B in annual new charge volume to the U.S. merchant business; we are focused on driving growth in B2B spend by enabling our clients to spend on to the AXP network.
The Director of Business Development will be a part of the U.S. Merchant Acquisition & Sales Enablement Team within U.S. Merchant Services. This position will be responsible for managing a virtual team of individual contributors (Managers of Business Development) responsible for signing prospects, expanding merchant relationships and identifying high value prospects in assigned territories, with annual revenue up to $300M, to openly welcome American Express cards as a form of payment in their business. The Director will also be responsible for the development and execution of winning sales strategies, with a strong focus on B2B industries, to expand merchant coverage within his/her team’s territory. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing strong collaborations and partnerships with internal and external business partners to accelerate and drive the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively managing and motivating the team’s performance and sales success
- Providing regular and effective coaching to develop each team member’s sales effectiveness
- Ensuring the team builds and manages profitable pipelines
- Gathering and sharing best practices, sales strategies, as well as marketplace & competitive intelligence
- Serving as an escalation point for team members to overcome both internal and external challenges
- Managing sales tracking reporting, expense processing, operating & marketing budgets for the team
- Ensuring proper business process and compliance controls
- 3-5 years of previous sales people leadership experience
- Proven history of driving and exceeding sales results through people leadership
- Strong track record of leadership and general management skills, such as recruiting, training, coaching, and developing top sales talent
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful sales strategies
- Ability to build strong Blue Box linkages at all organizational levels and across multiple functions.
- Extensive negotiation experience and proven strategic thinking
- Strong financial/analytical skills
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills required
- Must demonstrate a strong will to win and strong sense of teamwork
- Working knowledge of related B2B American Express products is a plus
- Applicant must reside within the territory - Some overnight travel required
- Applicant must have a valid U.S. driver's license and must be able to work from a home office environment
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021, 1:42:13 PM