“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to work on mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the iOS application
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or 2+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps, mobile payments, and wearables
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in iOS Development and 3 years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect iOS applications to back-end services using asynchronous network calls
- Experience working with automated testing on the iOS platform
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and deploying iOS apps
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Experience with Auto Layout
- Understanding of code versioning using git
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with UI animations a plus
- Experience with Swift and/or Functional programming is a plus
- Experience with payments technology is a plus
- Apps published in the Apple App Store is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 2:53:56 PM