- Lead and develop a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Resy has extremely thoughtful and beautifully designed products.
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the cross-functional team and be a key contributor to your org's product strategy by collaborating closely with Product and Engineering leadership to shape the product roadmap.
- Lead by example by bringing a user-centered mindset to solve user problems by conceptualizing and designing solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products.
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and be responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
A successful candidate is a sophisticated leader and people manager who is comfortable addressing an executive team, and also getting into the weeds on design day to day. They have a history of building and leading teams that apply design-led thinking to influence product strategy, design execution, and operational excellence. They play a key role in stakeholder management, collaborating with several teams and customers, and have established themselves as an impactful thought partner with a commitment to deliver products with a seamless user experience, and a bold unique aesthetic. They are able to take well-calculated risks and have a deep understanding of the product development process.
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team. Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, and layout.
- A risk-taker with a bold vision and passion for great design.
- Strong portfolio showing a successful track record of building and implementing thoughtful, high-quality, strategic, and scalable products both on B2B and B2C platforms, and across native apps and web.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Experience running product design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering managers and product leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Executive presence combined with strong conviction to make decisions fearlessly.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 10:37:36 AM