“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
We’re looking for a Server side API Engineer to work on Mobile application Service Layer that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code. You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (RxJava, Kotlin, etc), mobile payments, and wearables
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in API/Web Service Development and 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE/Web Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Great knowledge of Java design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring and RESTful API development
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.) and deployments on application servers (like Websphere, Weblogic)
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of the open-source Java ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 12, 2021, 10:29:29 AM