You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
8+ Years experience across -
- Java - Java 8+ experience building enterprise applications with proven design patterns
- Spring - Experience/knowledge with the Spring framework, specifically Spring Boot and RESTful APIs
- CI/CD - Build pipelines for continue integration and delivery: Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Testing Frameworks - Experience with Testing Frameworks for backend/front-end and backend automation testing
- NoSQL - Experience/knowledge with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase and Yellowbrick is an advantage.
- PaaS - Nice to have
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
- People leadership as lead engineer within a scrum team
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 5:26:03 AM