You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers.
Purpose: Create a more powerful and personal customer experience by designing and developing relevant software applications
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges.
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- 2-6 Yrs of past experience across;
- Design and development using Java, J2EE
- Experience with React, Node.js, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, DB’s, RESTful API development
- Continuous integration/deployment in an Agile Framework covering the aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Multi-threading programming, Data structures, & web services technology
- DevOps and test driven development.
Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development/ testing
- Object oriented analysis and design across multiple platform
- Designing High Availability applications
- Product Engineering Knowledge
- Knowledge of payment technologies
- Platform engineering knowledge (e.g Payments/Merchant services/Ecommerce/Supply chain management platforms)
- Java, J2EE
- Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- DB’s both relational (Oracle) and NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- React and Node.js
- RESTful API development
- Messaging systems like Solace, Kafka, JMS, etc.
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bambo, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter)
- Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
Test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Shift timing - 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM (Mon to Wed), Thurs & Fri - 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2021, 5:14:23 AM