You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the EMEA Medical Director will be responsible for leading the Colleague Total Well-being strategy across the region.From identifying & mitigating occupational health & safety risks, managing population health, managing Leave of Absence, or providing subject matter expertise to inform the design of our health plans and programs to improve the health and productivity of our Colleagues, this role is central to the overall well-being of our company.
In this pivotal role the EMEA Medical Director will strategize with regional Compensation & Benefits leaders along with various functional stakeholders to establish and determine direction for American Express’ culture of health. The EMEA Medical Director will also provide leadership and vision to the clinical strategy for the company’s onsite Wellness Centers in the UK, regional health resources across our European markets, and Business Continuity (BCP) support. This role will also oversee the regional mental health strategy for Healthy Minds, incorporating global priorities while driving local execution and adoption of relevant programs to reduce the stigma and burden of mental health disorders.
- Provide strategic leadership on the company’s total well-being initiatives across EMEA, including, but not limited to:
- Occupational health & safety
- Leave of absence & disability management
- Health plan design & population health
- Onsite wellness centers
- Business continuity planning
- Mental health (e.g., Healthy Minds)
- Work directly with the Compensation & Benefits team across the region to design, implement, execute and evaluate programs in support of our wellbeing strategy This will include:
- Reviewing health plan claims data (where available) and other sources to identify population health trends and priorities
- Providing medical insight on the design of our colleague employee health insurance programs
- Collaborating with external consultants on the design of proactive wellbeing programs / initiatives
- Developing key metrics & dashboards to manage impact of health initiatives
- Reviewing current vendor outcome data and identifying innovative potential new vendors in the health & mental health sectors.
The role will work directly with Workplace Safety across the region to manage workplace injuries and ergonomic adjustments upon request. This will also include partnering with Colleague Experience Group (CEG) Inclusion & Diversity to identify appropriate technological and physical adjustments to support individuals with disabilities.
The role will also work directly with Colleague (HR) Market Partners (CMPs) and Colleague and Labor Relations (CLR) across the region to manage Leave of Absence & Disability, disability adjustment requests, and developing a regional strategy to improve local governance and oversight. This role will also partner closely with regional CMPs to deploy population health and workplace safety initiatives.
It will also afford the opportunity of working directly with enterprise Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Crisis Response Teams (CRT), and Crisis Management Teams (CMT) across the region to provide strategic leadership and guidance to managing communicable diseases, pandemic response, and various scenarios to support Colleagues and maintaining business operations through enterprise risks. It will also partner with our local Country Executive Teams (CET) to ensure buy-in and visible support of well-being initiatives and business continuity planning. It will have direct liaison with local governments and medical leaders in each market to ensure our occupational health & safety practices are complaint with government regulations and leading-edge.Provide support and guidance to key stakeholders in the instance of individual medical emergencies.
Relates to Externally:
- Industry wide healthcare and corporate occupational health forums
- Public Health England and EU Ministries of Health
- Business partners
- Policy makers
- Third party vendors
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We are seeking canidates with a minimum of 10 years of healthcare experience. who will have begun their career in the acquisition of pedigreed medical skills, not only from an educational standpoint, but also in the practice and delivery of care. The candidate will have broad healthcare experience, having worked in a complex environment focused on improving the health of its employees. This may have occurred as managed care or occupational medicine Medical Director, a Chief Medical Officer of an integrated delivery system, or in an actuarial or consulting environment.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- A Medical Degree with post graduate training and Board Certification in Occupational Medicine and/or in Internal Medicine, Family Practice.
- An advanced degree in business or public health.
- Must meet requirements for medical licensure in the United Kingdom; ability for additional licensure across the EU is a positive.
- Strong experience working across various corporate functions, managing stakeholders, and delivering health strategies while balancing the complex objectives of the enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct an organization through various health challenges (e.g. epidemics, communicable diseases).
- Demonstrated experience with managing health vendors through data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated success in articulating, evaluating and reporting goals and achievements, areas of improvement and measuring returns on investments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent communicator, with written, verbal and presentation skills that can be tailored to multiple audiences.
- Strong quantitative skills with an aptitude for information technology and innovation.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create buy-in.
- Must be comfortable and highly effective working within a matrixed environment with shared resources.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 2:06:04 PM