People. Technology. Community. When Accertify formed in 2007, we brought together smart and innovative engineers, analysts, designers, industry experts, and thought leaders. Our mission? To build the best products that delight and inspire our customers to deliver exceptional digital experiences without the fear of fraud and loss. Today, we’re a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express and a leading provider of fraud, digital identity, chargebacks, and payment solutions.
As Payment Solutions Manager for the Accertify and American Express Payment Gateways, you must demonstrate a blend of business and technical expertise to transition long-term strategic initiatives into market-ready products in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for representing the voice of the merchant to various groups including development, marketing, sales, and operations. You will own the customer experience; articulating the value proposition; and creating sales enablement tools to ensure the product meets its revenue goals. You will help to redefine the Gateway offering, that results in driving the business forward and enabling new sales.
The ideal candidate for this role should have extensive payments and gateway experience and be comfortable from the selling the Gateway to potential new customers right through to delivering successful implementations. Plus be passionate about creating exceptional user experiences by understanding the unique payment needs of various customers.
- Become the subject matter expert for Accertify’s payment solutions and act as a product evangelist to redefine the Gateway offering, build awareness and understanding across the organization
- Learn global best practices for Payments and bring these to the North America market and beyond
- Promote forthcoming 3DS upgrades, such as 3RI, Decoupled Authentication and future FIDO integrations.
- Bring new market leading, authentication solution, such as Delegated Authentication to our gateway clients
- Translate customer/market needs into well-defined requirements that drive the development process
- Timely resolution of issues that affect customers, sales, and support
- Drive engagement with key vendors and partners to help expand the scope and differentiation of Accertify’s payment solutions
- Take ownership of Gateway related RFI/RFPs and to be able to successful demo the unique selling points of the Gateway to potential new customers
- Actively participate with both internal and external development teams to direct product development initiatives through concept and solution reviews. Plus, be able to oversee and smoothly deliver new customer implementations
- Serve as product subject matter expert to deliver product training and feedback to the various product support groups. Deliver training to keep the Sales and Customer Services team updated on market changes and product innovation; help articulate the value of Accertify’s payment solutions
- Support the Marketing and Documentation team in building product collateral
- To understand merchant payment needs, market trends, and competitive landscape. Plus learn global best practices for Payments and bring these to the North America market and beyond
- Working knowledge of PCI, tokenization, 3DS, SCA, Delegated Authentication and data security is required
- Demonstrate a blend of business and technical expertise. By being comfortable selling the Gateway to potential new customers (via a demo) right through to delivering successful implementations
- Ability and willingness to define customer needs through logical user-stories
- Product management, sales engineering, or product development experience in the payments or ecommerce market
- Experience developing SaaS based products and services
- Understanding of complex payment platforms
- Experience working with external partners on product integration
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills; ability to work with various groups including customers and internal stakeholders throughout the organization
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business-related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years front line technical payments experience
- Preferred location Chicago, IL or virtual in the US is also an option
- Proven ability to facilitate negotiation of competing requirements among stakeholders; Engage executive team as needed to help drive decisions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 12:59:20 PM