“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express prides itself with innovation and embarking on exciting transformations driven by energetic teams of high performers. Our Web Development Teams are comprised of proactive and results-driven engineers with strong inclinations towards action and leadership and the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. As a UI Front-End
Engineer, you’ll deliver innovative platforms at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the digital web. You will be part of a fast-paced, revenue-critical team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.Responsibilities
- Writing code, unit tests, automation, conducting code reviews and testing
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Experience with REACT/Redux preferred
- Expertise with using RESTful APIs preferred
- Thorough understanding of JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Must have experience in using Version Controls like Git and Tools like Jira
- Understanding of web performance optimization techniques.
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2021, 1:47:58 PM