“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
- Enables the technical delivery of a set of projects.
- Works with the application teams to design, manage the acquisition, installation and configuration of the technical components of the solution, and manage the day-to-day operations of the local and deployed instances of the solution.
- Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to technical standards.
Member of an infrastructure product engineering team reporting to an Engineering Director, extended member of software product engineering team.
- Work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs.
- Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process.
- Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap.
- Oversee the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks.
- Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically.
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice.
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support.
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets.
Scope of Impact/Influence:
- Responsible for the infrastructure platform and supporting technology.
- Leads the design, build, enhancement and integration of infrastructure with AET.
- Plays an integral role in building and enhancing infrastructure in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Leadership accountable for team completing assigned tasks and delivery of quality work.
- 8+ years of experience with Systems Analysis/Programming, incorporating Design Methodology and Infrastructure Operations support or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
- 5+ year experience with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 or later.
- Exadata database migration and administration expert.
- Extensive experience with system tuning, performance tuning and resource management on Exadata.
- Experience with other DBMS’s (e.g., SQL Server, UDB, MySQL, Postgres) is a plus.
- Oracle EBS migration experience required.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud a definite plus
- Oracle APEX experience a definite plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Specific technical experience working with one or more of the following areas:
- Oracle Engineered Systems including but not limited to: Exadata, Database Appliance and ZFS Appliance
- VMWare, Oracle VM, Unix, Citrix, Linux, Windows
- Experienced knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Infrastructure and server theories, principles, and concepts
- Application infrastructure and standards
- Networking fundamentals
- Storage management (i.e. SAN) design and support
- Databases (i.e. IMS, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, etc.)
- Middleware technologies (i.e. WebLogic)
- Experienced knowledge using the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Core knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.)
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Systems Design
- Systems Installation/Decommissioning
- Systems Integration
- Business Analysis
- Capacity Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment
- Requirements Definition and Management
- System Software
- Adaptive Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Documentation & Technical Writing
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Growth Mindset
- Learning Agility
- Open Communication
- Servant Leadership
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 4:58:12 PM