“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Please include your portfolio information on your resume when applying to this role, if it is private, remember to include the password.
The LoungeBuddy team was acquired by American Express in 2019. Since then we've grown and shipped multiple updates and experiences across all of our products for people around the world. We are passionate about travel, and working collaboratively to make the airport a memorable chapter of our customer's journey.
We are developing new ways to become an essential part of traveler's digital lives by enabling them to discover, book, and access airport lounges and other experiences worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
Learn more about the team here: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to lead our design team, to help define the future of the the digital airport experience by helping travelers discover and access the different airport experiences (lounges, hotels, restaurants, etc) available to them. You will design new experiences across all four products in the LoungeBuddy platform, including:
- LoungeBuddy.com: a B2C product dedicated to making lounge bookings for American Express Card Members.
- LoungeBuddy for iPhone: a B2C product dedicated to providing Lounge Access Information and gathering user-generated content like photos, reviews, etc.
- LoungeBoss: a proprietary lounge check-in experience built on iPad OS, and deployed in Centurion Lounges around the world.
- Partner Portal: a web-based dashboard where lounge partners can view metrics, generate reports, and manage their lounge locations.
You will have a key role throughout the entire design process, including qualitative and quantitative research, ideation, and prototyping. You will be working with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and our Operations teams to ensure high-quality implementation and an excellent user experience. You will help build upon and refine our design system, mentor other designers on the team, and advocate for a consistent user experience across the LoungeBuddy platform through your design aesthetics and attention to detail.
- You are a strong individual contributor that can build robust relationships and have the ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- You have contributed to multiple shipped products, and enjoy working cross platform (iOS, iPadOS, and Web).
- You have led the solution of a product area by connecting it to a broader product vision, and have experience leading small, nimble teams through fast-paced, strategic design work.
- You are able to explore and refine designs quickly by solving problems at a low fidelity, collaborating and building prototypes with engineering, and working together to polish for delivery.
- You have experience evolving products to be better and simpler by owning and fixing complex design and technical debt.
- You've been an integral part of a team you've been assigned to in a leadership role while collaborating with cross-functional peers.
- You are comfortable working with an existing framework, and when no framework is provided, you are capable of defining your own goals and processes.
- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in a Design role.
- 8+ years of experience as an individual contributor, working across multiple platforms (iOS and Web) on products that have shipped.
- Expert-level knowledge of technical design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator. Familiarity and experience with high-fidelity interaction and prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle, and After Effects is a plus.
How to Apply?
We feature a strong collaborative environment with creative and smart individuals who care about improving the dreaded airport experience. If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't match everything listed on this page; we would love the opportunity to speak with you! When applying, please include your portfolio information on your resume when applying to this role, if it is private, remember to include the password.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 2:50:48 PM