You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Enterprise Middleware utilities (such as IBM Datapower Gateway –IDG 8436 Model) and serving as a core member of AET engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of Point of Arrival(POA) Middleware applications. This role will also include operational readiness for new utility solutions and optimizing current processes.
This role is also responsible for working closely with Vendor teams currently supporting the infrastructure and AET Engineering, application development and production support teams to identify underlying causes of system issues, facilitating resolution and identify trends that continuously improve the customer experience within the technical and/or functional specifications.
- Lead day to day operations and provide 24/7 support for mission critical platforms.
- Lead Service Restoration bridge calls for application and/or Infrastructure outages.
- Collaborate with vendor partners and other AET teams to resolve major outages.
- Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Webservices/Microservices based on the Business requirements
- Research & Development on new technologies such as products supporting microservices, REST APIs and products meeting industry security standards.
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) and come up with preventative techniques to avoid regrettable errors/outages.
- Identify and lead Infrastructure Services Availability Management initiatives with focus on continual service improvements.
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Provide analysis & support to ensure there are no blocking issues or customer concerns during the time of outages and raise to the next levels of support appropriately.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information systems or other Technical field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience working on IBM WebSphere Datapower XI50B and/or Datapower Gateway IDG and its backend integrations with Mainframe MQ ,Mainframe DB2, Oracle DB2, Web-Services is required.
- Hands-on experience working on SOAP and/or RESTful APIs is required.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) , XML, XSLT, design patterns is required.
- Experience developing post-implementation reviews and driving root cause analysis of issues is required.
- Basic experience/knowledge on Microservices, service Mesh, API Gateways, Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Strong development experience with building applications using Java technologies, Node.js, JBoss is a plus.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management Processes (ServiceNow, Incident, Problem, Change, Performance & Capacity).
- Familiar with Agile DevOps framework.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2021, 2:21:20 AM