You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You know more than the code, you know quality.
The Travel & Lifestyle (TLS) team is one of the core teams at Amex which works on providing the world's best Travel and Lifestyle experience to our cardmembers across the world.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
Do you see the details and the big picture?
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Quality Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Be responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team
- Monitor and track resolution of defects
- Design, monitor, and analyze quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
- Recognize opportunities to adopt creative testing technologies and techniques
- Look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and confirmed ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Proven experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Java stack and testing frameworks is a big plus
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth environment
- You know and can admit when something is not great. You can recognize that something you've done needs improvement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021, 3:54:48 AM