You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You do more than just manage, you drive execution excellence.
The Travel & Lifestyle (TLS) team is one of the core teams at Amex which works on providing the world's best Travel and Lifestyle experience to our cardmembers across the world.
Align the worlds of business and technology.
Our Solutions Architects have both deep technical and strategic business knowledge. But they’re of one mind about using transformational technology to drive better business outcomes. So If Business and Data Architecture is second nature to you, there’s no better place to build a career.
Transform our business and your career.
There’s no way around it, it takes a consultative approach and IT experience to drive business success. If you have both, here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring strategic alignment to Platform Blueprint roadmaps and enterprise standards; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Focusing on cross-platform integration to leverage and optimize platform capabilities
- Performing hands-on architecture design work and participating in design and code reviews
- Coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture
- Ensures the engineered environment meets the specification in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements, i.e. accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
- Interacts with business partners and product engineering teams to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery
- Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy by driving Technology Platform to Platform Architecture Review (PAR) approval level
- Ensures accurate asset information is documented and recorded in the appropriate repositories for the assigned portfolio
4-5 years of hands-on programming experience meaningful to the assigned Technology Platform in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design and end-to-end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
Prior experience in multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, technical and solution) and track record of implementation
Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology that is applicable to an agile product environment
Advanced to authoritative level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture, complex application systems design and platform integration via modern approaches (i.e. RESTful APIs)
Channel-specific solution architecture skills as required by the assigned platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design principles, execution patterns and performance optimization techniques
Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written), as well as effective consultative and influential leadership skills
Well versed in current industry best practices regarding solution delivery disciplines
Strong business insight with the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth environment
You know and can admit when something is not great. You can recognize that something you've done needs improvement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2021, 3:58:11 AM