You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Ship products that enable small businesses to grow, simplify their finances, and pursue their passions. Lead teams of top-notch UX designers, engineers, and data scientists using modern technologies, lean methods, and design thinking practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and deliver a product backlog, prioritize stories, and ship high-quality, functional software with the help of a cross-functional agile team.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners to define functionality. Document epics, business rules, use cases, and process flows.
- Lead projects independently from end-to-end. Build consensus while also identifying risks and removing roadblocks.
- Own a capability, application, or segment of the customer lifecycle. Work with product management leadership and departmental partners to define aspirational objectives and measurable key results.
- Partner on discovery with business subject matter experts and UX designers to grow revenue, improve customer experience, and differentiate our product.
- Optimize both customer experience and performance in market; define and monitor adoption, engagement, and satisfaction metrics.
What you should have:
Experience in a business analyst, product owner, and/or product manager role.
Experience working with UX designers to research user needs and design usable solutions.
Experience working with engineers on large, complex production systems in an agile environment.
What we're looking for in you:
- Operate Autonomously: Takes a project from ideation to delivery. Able to prioritize in ambiguous situations.
- Proactivity: Always striving to deliver great products. Proactive, self-driven, curious, loves learning.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Cool with quickly changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Leadership: Sound interpersonal skills and proven ability to navigate in a cross-functional setup.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2021, 12:29:40 PM