“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Director – Product Management – Banking Experience and Journeys
At American Express we place an enormous emphasis on users and usability. We sit at the intersection of commerce and experiences and are unique in our business model. We are a part of a handful of companies in the world that own a user’s end to end commerce experience. With our mix of assets like rewards, acquisition, benefits, members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world. As we change the way consumers and their merchant interact with each other, we are looking for unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a very ambitious vision.
The elegance and efficiency of our banking journeys will create rich experiences for our customers, sustainable and competitive differentiation for American Express. We’re in need of a high-energy, passionate and adaptable individual that can help us achieve our banking journey goals.
The Director, Product Management will report to and assist the Vice President Product Management of Digital Banking Platform.
You will lead a multi-skilled team with experience in product ownership, user experience, business logic & continuous improvement through controlled experiments. Amongst some of the traits we are looking for are, technical knowledge, principled thinking, bold decision making, and having an entrepreneurial background and a laser focus on the user.
Does the above sound like you?
- Build a banking product strategy for Deposits and Checking products and roadmap for the journeys and experiences you own.
- Own key stakeholder relationships across marketing teams.
- Design and drive reuse of shared in digital Banking journeys via continuous experimentation and product enhancements, in partnership with analytics and UX research teams.
- Manage, coach and grow a team of product owners who build application experiences together with engineering and user experience teams.
- Support and enable technical platform strategies for scale across products and markets.
- Lead Agile Release Train consisting of multiple product and technical teams across multiple platforms but prioritizing initiative backlog and managing dependencies, and owning goals and outcomes.
- Own Discovery where options are assessed for product, features opportunities and problems. Form hypothesis, define outcomes and key results, and define and hone discovery processes to enable product teams to successfully achieve solid discovery outcomes.
- Partner with Solution Managers to achieve solutions that meet current and future needs.
- Manage product life-cycle to tactical execution.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Here is what we are looking for:
A digital product owner background, with experience leading experimentation, focus on UX and UI, A/B testing, tagging, analytics and leading digital banking customer experience (Critical).
History of high performance (Important).
Experience running cross-team Discovery for new products and product enhancements (Critical).
Proven ability to build, run and prioritize a product backlog and roadmap (Critical).
Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and processes to drive process improvements and creative solutions (Critical).
Experience with Agile software delivery and SAFe, especially leading an Agile Release Train (Important).
Experience working with teams across International markets is a plus.
Prior experience with Digital Banking AND Digital Payments experiences is a must (Critical).
Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to build relationships. influence decisions and make things happen without direct authority.
Self-motivated and able to act with a high level of independence.
Experience leading and motivating diverse teams.
A real passion for all things digital, inside and outside of work; in depth understanding of the latest digital trends, competitive landscape, technology advances, devices and consumer insights.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:05:03 AM