You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Modern Money Movement (codename m3) initiative is an exciting opportunity to solve really complex challenges and to build a novel Platform that is going to power the next generation of Amex financial products.
We are a team of entrepreneurial disruptors with a great FinTech Engineering culture at the forefront of innovation in the industry. We are building amazing GraphQL and REST APIs, intelligent payment routing decision engines, an ISO20022 framework, AI/ML driven data pipelines, and fluid integrators with Global Payment Infrastructure and the banking system.
Our team is responsible for mission critical customer journeys, including “Pay your Amex Bill”, “Plan your Payment” and “Get a Loan”. Ultimately our goal is to decouple our assets, such as our ACH engine and bank validation, and make it easy for others in the company to build world class customer experiences.
We are looking for Engineers that are open-minded, willing to learn, and are passionate about building great software. As we decide if an Engineer is a fit for our Team we won’t focus solely on past experience or languages used, but the ability to think out of the box and approach problems with a clever mindset.
We are influenced by The Twelve-Factor App principles and we have picked modern ergonomic languages that maximize productivity and readability, i.e. modern JVM: Quarkus/Micronaut with Kotlin. Architecture is event driven microservices leveraging Kafka, and our polyglot-persistence includes Postgres and Cassandra.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Build software as part of a nimble agile Team where you have every opportunity to make an impact on the bottom line and contribute to the architecture
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users
- Create a brand for our platform composed of amazing APIs, Developer Portal, Tutorials and SDKs.
- Ensure our solutions are testable, intuitive and easy to maintain.
- Use state of the art tools for remote collaboration and developer happiness, i.e. IntelliJ CodeWithMe and Tuple
- Participate in design and code reviews for key components and cross Enterprise initiatives
- Participate in hackathons, paid 5 days of self-development and innovation and product roadshows.
- Be an passionate programmer at the start of your career (zero to two years professional experience)
- Be excited by the learning and experimenting required to build on the latest technology
- Be able to demonstrate hands-on coding in Reactive Java, Kotlin or Go
- Want to join a team surrounded by experienced engineers who can mentor and guide you
- Have a desire to join an organisation with established career paths that go all the way to the top
- Love the idea of being able to shape our future
- Be self-directed and able to work on an ambiguous environment through the innovation process.
- Value collaboration and put the Team interests always above self.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 7:41:55 AM