GSLN Instructional Designer
American Express’ Global Servicing Learning Network is seeking a professional with extensive experience in Instructional Design and excels in effective transfer of training into performance results. This individual will be responsible for the development of highly engaging and interactive training. The ideal candidate will be able to apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy. The incumbent will partner with other Learning professionals and Business Partners in delivering a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of American Express and our internal and external clients. The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver a world-class learning experience and drive a positive business impact. The successful candidate will have experience in developing learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment. The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success. The ideal candidate will design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
• French or Spanish language skills preferred, (ability to read, write, and speak) as this position will support colleagues in these markets and may need to support translations
• Extensive experience in instructional design strategies and content development with the ability to innovate and create engaging learning experiences that drive learner performance
• Extensive experience designing instructor led training for brick and mortar and virtual environments
• Experience designing and developing eLearning using Articulate 360 (Storyline, Rise, etc.) and Adobe Captivate
• Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment
• Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning experiences
• Experience designing learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners, including demonstrated understanding cultural differences that may apply
• Experience designing and developing game-based learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios.
• Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a corporate and preferred financial services area
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021, 7:06:44 PM