An Underwriting Coordinator is responsible for requesting updated financial information while responsibly managing proactive and reactive Commercial and Consumer workflows in an inbound and outbound call center environment.
- Communicate the line size set by the Underwriters and provide options that maximize profitability and mitigate risk.
- Responsible for analyzing customer accounts by leveraging Amex program attributes, performance, credit bureau information and financial statement analysis.
- Act in a consultative manner with internal and external Amex customers.
- Manage an existing portfolio of Commercial and Consumer customers with accountability for managing relationship, and at times making a credit decision based on risk policies.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and thoroughness in implementing Underwriting decisions.
- Ensure quality, regulatory requirements and compliance is embedded in all processes.
- Highly consultative, self-motivated individual with 1-3 years of credit analysis or customer service experience preferably in financial services or call center environment
- Proven track record working with small businesses and consumer accounts is desired
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in making sound credit decisions and a high level of analytical skill to assess and evaluate client’s program including determination of risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations
- Successful candidate must have extraordinary consultative customer service skills along time management skills
- Proficient in handling multiple demands with an ability to move quickly and efficiently between varying account types and work streams
- A strong will-to-win and the ability to thrive in an incentive and goal oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate passion for delivering superior customer experience with our highest spending customers while balancing both the customer and shareholder
- Resolve complex issues in an ambiguous environment
- Strong communication skills are necessary to be able to deliver adverse messages to customers and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives within a customer’s organization and cultivate great working relationship with new and current customers
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work in a cohesive team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
Preferred Qualifications: 1-2 years experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skill Positions are in a call center environment that is production based
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 12:00:47 AM