You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Product Owner – American Express AI Labs
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world. The Amex AI Labs of American Express Corporation is looking for best in class Senior Research Engineers to work in a dynamic and rewarding workplace. Amex AI Labs is currently co-located in Bangalore and New York and involves dynamic and talented researchers with Ph.D. or Master’s degree from top tier institutes in India and aboard having research and product development expertise in Al/ML technologies such as – Deep Learning, Data Science, Natural Language Processing, Cloud Technologies and related technical areas. Going beyond building products and Solutions for traditional financial domains such as credit and fraud, the team is also working on challenging research problems in domains such as services, human resource management, travel & lifestyle, and many more. The key goal is to progress the state of the art in science and develop products to solve business problems, in a domain-agnostic manner, for American Express.
Purpose of the Role:
Develop next generation products and platforms in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to aid solutions to complex business problems for American Express.
Amex AI Labs is looking for a product owner with product management background for AI Products and Platforms team in Bangalore. The team owns Machine Learning Studio (ML Studio), Amex Al Marketplace and works closely with end users, business stakeholders and engineers to build innovative ML/AI products from conception to launch. Successful candidates are expected to partner with different business and technology teams in American Express to build capabilities for high impact used cases. We are looking for extremely agile and entrepreneurial candidates who will help innovation and execute product initiatives across the company.
- Lead the ideation and launch of innovative AI/ML products and capabilities
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap; recommend the nature and scope of present and future state of the ML Platforms.
- Own end-to-end AI/ML product capabilities and drive their developments with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Transform MVPs to production grade capabilities in collaboration with engineering teams.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information security, Mathematics, Statistics or any other relevant qualification
- Ability to discover, design and implement large scale automated solutions in a matrix organization preferably AI/ML related products
- 2-3 years of experience in working with product/engineering/automation development teams in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
- Experience in leveraging Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies
- Strong Program Management, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Exceptional analytical and advance problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of AI/ML Products and Statistical methods and tools is a plus
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
- Innovate ways to evangelize the product to drive Amex wide user adoption
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap of AI/ML Initiatives to help drive most impact
- Evaluate prospective features in AI Products and ability to priorities them with changing requirements in direction of AI adoptions.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experience everyday
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021, 5:11:21 PM