You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Responsible performing advanced-level operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and performance testing, including “base building” and data processing specific components and systems, in associated data center infrastructure field.
Collaborates with leadership, Project Managers, customers and strategic partners to address business priorities, new products or services, and performs advanced problem solving, which requires good judgment and quick action Reports to DCI Manager and or takes direction from Senior DCI Technician.
- Monitors MEP equipment and systems. Perform adjustments to operating parameters to ensure efficiency and reliability
- Respond to equipment failures and system alarms. Stabilize and perform corrective actions to maintain 100% availability
- Complete frequency based infrastructure maintenance tasks
- Build detailed maintenance and fixing procedures
- Apply expertise and experience to analyze various data center component and system configurations to optimize performance
- Examine failures for trends and contributing factors, developing and/or performing corrective actions independently
- Utilize sophisticated data capture, monitoring and recording equipment to analyze data; make timely and effective decisions; provide recommendations to leadership; and execute solutions
- Respond to Service Requests (SR), Site Preparation Requests (SPR), Incident Management Reports (IMR)
- Install equipment and terminate cables while working in proximity to hazardous electrical voltages
- Install, terminate and attach network cables without interrupting adjacent business-critical connections
- Raise data center availability risks to DCI leadership
- Supports leaders in designing and implementing policy, standards and procedures
- Cross-train and/or mentor technicians /peers in relevant skills to support succession planning
- Lead in-house and vendor resources and monitor and lead workflow queues
- AAS, vocational, trade school education or equivalent in associated infrastructure field, e.g. electrical, electronics, mechanical, data processing hardware, telecommunications and/or networks, BICSI Installer 1 certification
- Demonstrated experience in Tier III-IV data center environments or equivalent
- Certification - Equipment Manufacturers Factory or site-specific training
- Advanced knowledge of EIA/TIA cabling standards and quality practices and able to accurately perform cable testing/certification
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure or data processing based systems and equipment, with proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desktop application
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021, 1:41:40 PM