“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The American Express One Identity team is responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of the global Identity management platform across all of American Express applications, APIs, and touch points with both consumers and business users (merchants and corporate users).
You will be a part of an exciting team that will drive transformation around how American Express Digital Customers identify, authenticate and access Amex digital platforms using innovative authentication and authorization mechanisms.
What you will do:
- Create an architectural strategy for developing identity and security proxy that can be embedded in multiple platforms as a gateway component
- Design and develop identity and security filters using ENVOY & WASM
- Define best practices for deploying identity filters across touchpoints within the enterprise for protecting critical API resources
- Evangelize adoption of identity and security solutions and become the subject matter expert for solving complex business use cases related to authentication and authorization controls
- Own delivery of identity proxy component including feature development, technical strategy and partner with product owners to define product roadmap
- Work with support teams to create runbooks on troubleshooting issues with the component and setting appropriate escalation standards
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to drive technical solutions and strategies
- Drive strong engineering culture that is scalable and challenges status-quo to drive improvements
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Who you are:
- You have at least 10+ years of hands on software development experience using Java, C, C++ or similar programming language
- You are an expert in embedded systems or have worked on systems that have low latency and high-throughput requirements
- You know how to build scalable systems that can handle billions of requests and seamlessly rollout new features without impact
- You are an expert with knowledge of internals of how ENVOY or NGINX or other reverse proxy systems work
- You understand different API patterns like REST, RPC (gRPC), GraphQL and similar
- You are able to clear ambiguity and break down complex requirements into achievable goals using Agile development methodology
- You have an understanding of identity authentication and authorization principles using JWT (Json web tokens), OAuth, OIDC etc
- You are an opensource contributor who can collaborate with peers in the industry to create open standards
- You take pride in minimizing tech-debt, attention to detail and building strong engineering culture
- You are a manager of one who can step-up and lead when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Good to have:
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Security controls in mesh networks using ISTIO or similar
- Identity & Access Management principles, federation solutions using SAML, OAuth/OIDC
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 4:44:31 PM