You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a Data Engineer, you will play a role in enabling our mission to implement automation across the full spectrum of database development lifecycle at American Express, thereby driving agility, improved quality, and efficiencies in database software development and operations across the enterprise. You are also a versatile database engineer with a strong background and practical experience with architecting, designing, and developing enterprise-grade database solutions for application developers utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Architect and lead database development efforts, in close collaboration with application developers and database and platform engineering and support teams.
- Architect and lead database automation/DevOps efforts across multiple operational DBMS platforms, including relational and NoSQL, to drive agile software development.
- Develop tools that automate database processes, such as database provisioning enabling developers to do more self service
- Deliver efficient database solutions to meet customer needs, high performance and availability.
- Find opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers through ongoing development and DevOps efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of database development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Experience with distributed/multi-tier systems and application development, including software development experience in languages such as Python, Go, Java; experience with implementing web APIs; front-end development experience in React or Angular.
- Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery, including working knowledge of various tools in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands-on experience with design and development across one or more database management systems, such as Postgres, Oracle, Couchbase, Cassandra.
- Experience in coordinating with multiple development, infrastructure, framework, and production support teams.
- Experience in one of the public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure preferred.
- Experience developing tools for database automation preferred.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021, 11:50:44 PM