You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This job opportunity is within the Infrastructure Security Automation Team. The team is made up of developers who understand the concepts of Infrastructure Security and cater to the verticals of Infrastructure Security and other teams in Information Security. The team aims to deliver automated solutions in order to drive further efficiencies for existing processes that protect AXP as a brand thereby ensuring compliance to related policies. The ideal candidate for this role should have experience in the full stack development, DevOps and release/incident process and good communication skills. The candidate should have the ability to adapt to the requirements received and work with the same seamlessly.
- Work closely with Information Security architecture and engineering teams to deliver stable, performant, and effective technologies to the organization
- Create automation and workflow to reduce the manual tasks performed in Information Security
- Ensure use of DevOps to deliver innovative software solutions for the Infrastructure Security organization, our customers and our partners.
- Maintain strong relationships with business partners to ensure that the delivered solution and the targeted platform continually matches business needs
- Support evaluation and proof-of-concept activities to drive selection of new technologies
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 4+ years of experience working with Agile Software Engineering Teams
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Webservices/API, XML, JSON, NoSQL, and MongoDB and/or any DBMS- (PL/SQL experience), DevOps
- Nice to have, but not required experience and knowledge of the following technologies and languages: AJAX, Redux,
- Redux-Saga, SASS, NodeJS, NodeExpress, SQL Server, Pearl, PowerShell, Couchbase, IIS, and Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge CI/CD, unit testing, system testing, test automation
- Experience with implementation of complex solutions, and operational support of systems and applications
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives while addressing challenges and articulating solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Possesses extensive knowledge of enterprise policies and procedures including Change and Incident Management
- Requires proven collaboration/communication skills
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021, 3:37:11 AM