You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The India GCS (Global Commercial Services) Credit & Fraud Risk (CFR) team helps drive profitable business growth for the portfolio by reducing the credit risk and maintaining our customers' confidence in the security of our products. The Risk team in India is responsible for creating sourcing & underwriting policies for commercial prospects as well as does ongoing monitoring of exisitng portfolio to ensure to minimal losses while driving profitable billings.
Purpose of the Role:
Develop and enhance American Express risk strategies by leveraging internal & external data sources for sharper new acounts sourcing & underwriting
1. Responsible for driving the prospect acquisition strategies for GCS customers in India driving profitable business growth without adverse surprises while providing an outstanding customer experience
2. Develop new methods and enhance existing underwiting strategies leveraging new and alternate data sources to ensure consistent credit performance and delivery of risk goals
3. Generation of MIS and conducting acquisition tracking activities
4. Manage, master & leverage information from various data sources, cross- tabulating to integrate, synthesize and enrich information
5. Interacting and collaborating with partners across multiple lines of business including marketing, finance, compliance, operations and colleagues in risk centers of excellence to develop, implement and revise the GCS strategies & models for risk management processes including new product development and customer management strategies
6. Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements through robust risk policies
Critical Factors to Success:
• Drive profitability through advanced analytical techniques
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
0-3 years experience in analytics/credit risk
MBA, Master’s Degree In Economics, Statistics Or Related Fields From Top Tier Institute
1. Strong quantitative, analytical, project management and structured problem solving skills with proficiency in SAS, SQL, HIVE & EXCEL
2. Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and on aggressive time-lines.
3. Effective team player and be able to manage multiple projects.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Experience in analyzing data, drawing inferences and making recommendations.
6. Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
7. Experience working in market-risk or a similar role.
8. Understanding of credit card business economics.
SAS, SQL, Excel and HIVE/Python (Optional)
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 8:54:20 AM