You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure,
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Responsible for enterprise wide MQ & SOLACE messaging infrastructure
- Administer and manage MQ Point to Point; Cluster Full Repositories and SOLACE appliance configurations
- Perform version upgrades, patching & migration
- Work with Engineering and Operations team to identify manual processes; design and engineer solutions to automate them.
- Work with application teams to understand developer pain points and lead the middleware team towards improving overall developer experience
- Work with IBM MQ & SOLACE product teams to monitor, track and resolve product issues and bugs
- Lead day to day operations and provide 24x7 support for mission critical platforms
- Lead Service Restoration bridge calls for application and/or infrastructure changes
- Collaborate with vendor partners and other teams within Technology to resolve major outages
- Should possess strong knowledge and understanding of network and security concepts such as load balancing and routing, TLS, TCP, UDP etc., should also possess UNIX shell scripting experience
- Has hands-on expertise with Java application design & software development
- Has hands-on expertise with IBM MQ (Both Mainframe and Distributed). Knowledge and experience of SOLACE is a plus
- Should drive to learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions
- Is open to innovation and experimentation; engage in fun and outcome oriented culture and is always ready to try new concepts without fear of failure
- Is team-oriented and a core contributor, enabling the team to be more effective and productive
- Familiar with Agile DevOps framework.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Good Understanding and experience in Middleware products such as IBM MQ and SOLACE
- Strong development experience with building applications using Java technologies, Node.js, JBoss is a plus
- Financial Services Industry experience is a plus
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 8:34:18 PM