“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Senior Engineering Manager
American Express Technology seeks a Senior Engineering Manager (SEM) in the Global Risk Technology (GRT) organization. GRT provides Technology solutions for the Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Business Unit starting from the Acquisition of a customer and throughout the life cycle of Customer Management.
We are seeking a highly motivated SEM who is passionate about driving constructive and creative change in our culture, while leading the advancement and modernization of GRT Platforms. The SEM will partner with Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CFRC) Product Owners, Product Managers and Strategy Partners to deliver continuous improvements to GRT Platforms, while seeking to provide the world's best customer experience every day.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on Application Developer with expertise in developing elegant and large-scale applications
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the business process and drivers for change to recommend the right solution
- Develop innovative solutions that improve customer experience
- Responsible for all aspects of delivery for a GRT Platform including planning, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Establishes and accepts responsibility for application development practices across teams for e.g. code review, build and release process, Test Driven Development (TDD) etc.
- Apply niche knowledge of industry standards or practices to initiatives and identify problems and formulate recommendations
- Collaborate with leadership across teams to define solutions, implementation to drive Application maturity through the use of Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks where applicable.
- People Leader to scrum teams, including B30 colleagues and vendor partners
- Empower the team to come up with creative solutions that improve user experience and time to market,
- Promotes and practices servant-leadership
- Drives the team towards continuos improvement.
- Takes accountability for the maturity of the team
- Mentors team members to success; identifies strengths and areas for growth and guides them to grow in their careers while helping them be more productive
- Cultivates an environment of continuous improvement through mentoring, and feedback.
- Works with Engineering Director to hire top talent for the team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Application Development experience
- 5+ years leadership experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience
- 5+ years of Risk Management domain Knowledge
- A good balance of business insight and Technology knowledge with experience in driving innovation with a customer-first attitude
- Experience with PEGA Workflow, PEGA Mobile preferred
- Experience SQL, Data Management, Data Warehousing and ETL technologies
- Experience with Vert.X, Java, React and other American Express EA Frameworks such as ACE, RTF, ELF etc.
- An established background in launching large-scale Applications or services in partnership with Application Development teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Successful planning, creation and deployment of one or more large-scale- technology assets, including integration of cross-platform solutions in an Agile product environment
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Hands on experience with improving testing and documentation practices.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Adaptable to changes in product requirements, organizational structures and business conditions
- Engaged with the Technology community, comfortable in demonstrating products to senior leaders
- American Express & Harvard Certificate in Leadership Excellence OR Graduate of PeopleTek Leadership Journey II OR other similar leadership training preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 3:00:00 PM