It’s more than protecting information, it’s protecting people.
Senior Information Security Analysts know security is a top priority for our business, our partners, and customers. As cyber-attacks increase and compliance is rigorously enforced, they strive to stay ahead of what’s next to protect our brand and future. The IT Risk Assessment – Operational Risk Event Management Team has the responsibility for overseeing the issue management function across all American Express Technology functions. The team provides end-to-end resolution, oversight and governance for all Operational Risk Events (ORE) and Corrective Action Plans (CAP) including strengthening the control environment while enabling growth and ensuring flawless customer experiences.
You won’t just see the problem, you’ll drive the solution
On a daily basis you will be asked to:
- Perform hands-on issue resolution management, guidance, and monitoring of various Capabilities to ensure ORE and Corrective Action guidelines and milestones are met timely, and align with governance and compliance mandates.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on operational risk processes for Technology, such as loss event and compliance corrective action management issues and ownership of events.
- Manage and facilitate ownership issues and challenging conversations, present in escalation risk and Bank forums.
- Facilitate and Lead Technology Ops Excellence risk and governance forums
- Support Technology partners to ensure that effective Issue resolution (via Loss Event and Corrective Action management) is implemented
- Build and maintain excellent relationships across Technology and Business Unit Operational Excellence teams
- Work closely with senior leaders and their representatives to ensure appropriate risk management, mitigation and/or elimination
- Ensure deliverables and milestones satisfy objectives and the expectations of a variety of stakeholders, including the CIO, CISO and other senior leaders within Technology and other internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with key technology leads to implement process improvements and controls across AET
- Perform thematic root-cause analysis on recurring technology caused events to identify unmitigated risks and areas for control enhancements
- Lead process redesign efforts to ensure thorough and timely documentation and analysis of OREs and CAPS which includes the identification of relevant risks and implementation of mitigating controls
Do you have what it takes to lead the way in cyber security?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- CISA, CISM, or CRISC preferred.
- 5-7 years of risk management, controls analysis, and/or issue management/remediation experience required, 10+ years of experience preferred.
- Requires deep understanding of compliance, risk management and internal IT control frameworks
- Experience with the development and/or assessment of IT General Controls
- Exceptional ability to engage, educate, influence and collaborate across the enterprise
- Experience performing thematic root cause analysis on recurring technology caused events to identify recommendations to enhance control environment
- Experience in assessing technology risks and responding through development of controls
- Experience working with audit, compliance, operational risk, regulatory, and/or control functions
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of data into short key messages and identify and analyze related trends
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills / ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit and central operational risk management group
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Inclusive, creative, thorough, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2021, 8:03:43 PM