“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is looking for an ambitious, high-performing Software Application Developer in the Global Risk Technology (GRT) organization. GRT provides Technology solutions for the Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Business Unit starting from the Acquisition of a customer and throughout the life cycle of Customer Management.
The ideal candidate will help shape our technology and product roadmap in support of our mission to provide the world’s best customer experience. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across all channels, join our team! You will join a fast-paced team responsible for delivering premier solution capabilities using Java, Hadoop, Angular, React, Node.js and Java services. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of the platform.
Application Developers are responsible for:
- Support all facets of Application development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code/API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of components including the implementation, evaluation, and execution of test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of autonomous build scripts
- Debug Application components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints, including new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Challenge status-quo, work with a product attitude, experiment with ideas to provide solutions that impact customers
- Have in-depth knowledge of patterns and algorithms.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Up to 2 years of development experience; preferably in a JAVA environment.
- Working knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, TDD, Code Coverage and Code Quality Plugins, Maven, GIT, Cucumber.
- Proficiency in Cloud-based Applications and end to end deployment
- Good knowledge of Hadoop, NoSQL DB, HBASE and Elastic DB is plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CSE or related field required; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Application development, and testing
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies and code them into working prototypes
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solutions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2021, 12:26:47 PM