Founded in 1850, American Express Company is a major player in Business Travel and the leading issuer of non-bank Cards. Its Card activity is spread across 3 main lines of business: Cards for Individuals, cards and solutions for Businesses, and management of a network of merchants accepting the American Express Card.
For this mission, you will be part of this last activity (Global Merchant Services), within the department in charge of growing the acceptance network of American Express in France (GMS Acquisition).
In France, GMS Acquisition operates partly through merchant recruitment Partners which help the company grow its network of accepting merchants. These partners are mainly bank partners and the department also develop partnerships with entities on a non-AML reliance basis. The Third party oversight manager will work with GMS Operational Excellence, Compliance and GCO teams in order to 1/ enhance third party oversight processes in line with the expectations of our regulators, including the ACPR in France, as well as enhance the merchant onboarding processes through these channels in line with relevant regulatory requirements and 2/ensure strong and tight oversight of the third parties on an ongoing basis.
The role’s responsibilities include:
1/ Third Party Oversight Uplift
- Work with Partner managers to enhance merchant onboarding process in line with relevant regulatory requirements including the 5th AML Directive to include:
- New application forms
- Upgraded data files from partners
- Upgraded data capture system at our backoffice vendor
- Help formalize AML-related controls, procedure and trainings for onboarding
- Perform partner training
- Ensure third party policy, contracts, operational regulations, procedural documentation and controls for onboarding, knowledge & KYC Refresh are in place and adhered to
- Liaise with Amex and Banks’ legal teams, to ensure correct contract terms for all third-party arrangements based on requirements from Compliance
- Documented end-to-end Process with Partner Data flow required (Set-up Process, Acquisition Process & Partner Process)
- Partner with central teams to create a Partner Manager Playbook bringing all third-party oversight requirements together into a single document
- Enhance and document controls around annual contract review and attestations/audit clauses, in collaboration with Compliance and Operational Excellence teams.
2/ Ongoing Third-Party Oversight
- Work with Partner Managers, Compliance and Operational Excellence to run end-to-end audit processes on Bank Partners’ data
- Diagnose gaps highlighted by those audits and define remediating actions
- Develop and monitor progress against action plans to be implemented by third parties
- Co-ordinate and share relevant best practices amongst Partner Managers
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Strong project management experience and skills: ability to drive project progress against key milestones, identify risks, and ensure Governance with senior management
Ability to influence external partners
Ability / experience in navigating matrix, international environments, and ability to influence internal support teams (Compliance, Legal, Operational Excellence)
Written and spoken English a must
Experience with banks, financial institutions, consulting or audit firm a plus.
Experience in internal audit / control team a plus.
Location: Rueil Malmaison, France
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 7:28:24 AM