We are looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic senior backend ETL and Java engineer to join our fast-paced, dynamic technology team responsible for delivering high quality technical solution. You will be joining a UK based team driving the next generation regulatory reporting transformation for the American Express International Finance and Controllership organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a small highly skilled dynamic team. This role will provide you with opportunities to innovate, work across multiple tech stacks, and move our platforms to the next generation of microservices and OneAmex capabilities.
- The senior engineer will be part of the UK based Finance Data Engineering team responsible for the following:
- Tech stack characteristics:
- Java microservices and component architecture
- Java 8 and Kafka
- REST API
- Scalable applications running on Vert.x, Spring Boot or similar
- Relational Databases: Oracle, Postgres
- Bigdata Platform/PySpark/Hive
- NoSQL: Redis, Couchbase, Cassandra
- High performance cloud infrastructure (PaaS)
- ETL tools - Informatica and Talend
- Responsibilities Include:
- Design and coding of user stories for distributed scalable, high performance and systems using Java
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Contribute to the deployment, support and monitoring of software across test, integration and production environments
- Collaborate with peer technology and development teams across different locations
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Help architect new solutions and services
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
The ideal candidate:
- Has hands-on expertise with Java application design, software development and automated testing
- Worked in an agile delivery team and is familiar with the processes and ceremonies
- Has a drive to learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions
- Is open to innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and is always ready to try new concepts without fear of failure
- Is team-oriented, and a core contributor, enabling the team to be more effective and productive
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Significant of hands-on experience on enterprise software development.
- Medium to advanced technical skills in the areas of microservices, APIs and Java 8
- Knowledge in microservices using RESTFul APIs and relational/NoSQL databases
- Designing and building Cloud native applications for cloud platforms using Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
- Some hands-on experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Talend an advantage
- Understanding of Financial accounting and Reporting an advantage
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021, 2:43:52 AM