You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences - from payments to rewards to servicing - that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
At American Express, The Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CRFC) Team is a newly expanded and integrated organization that brings risk strategies to life by enabling customer focused capabilities. Our team is transforming the company with the next generation of credit and fraud capabilities.
The Manager position will play a central Product Manager role within the Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities team and will be responsible for designing the product vision and strategic roadmap for the next generation of risk onboarding capabilities supporting Kabbage products within American Express.
This is a stakeholder facing role that is responsible for process vision and roadmap, customer experience, business architecture, capturing and grooming requirements, prioritization, status tracking and reporting, defining process SLAs and controls.
The incumbent will lead transformation of risk systems, play a central role in detailing the blueprint, and work in close partnership with stakeholders in Credit and Fraud Risk, Kabbage, and Global Commercial Services as well as external experts to arrive at the best design/solution and oversee its execution.
- Key point of contact for Risk work related to Kabbage integration while helping with other product development initiatives
- As a Product Manager, translate needs of business owners/stakeholders and deliver on the Product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Credit and Fraud Risk Management, Modeling and Marketing to brainstorm innovative solutions, capture requirements and benefits and drive a common future vision of Kabbage Products
- Determine the requirement readiness for development, initial level of E2E solution design, and rationalization and prioritization
- Drive enhancement of end-to-end customer facing processes that support core risk management decisions and create innovative solutions that are cost-efficient and scalable across the enterprise
- Work in close partnership with Risk Capabilities and AET to deploy next generation risk capabilities, designed for long-term adaptability
- Run ad hoc analytics in support of the capability development
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Global Banking, and the AXP Privacy Office to deliver defect-free capabilities with the flexibility to meet evolving customer needs while satisfying all relevant regulatory requirements
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Deep and broad expertise in consumer or commercial risk management encompassing knowledge of processes and systems
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive transformational change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
- Understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) principles and experience effectively managing a backlog of competing initiatives desirable
- Knowledge of credit authorization, credit bureau, decision science models or experience in another core credit risk management function and/ or knowledge of Amex data and risk technology platforms preferred
- Experience on working with Cornerstone Data, SAS/SQL, Hive preferred
- Minimum of Master’s degree required. Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, econometrics, or another related field of study preferred.
- 2 years of relevant experience required for Senior Manager
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 2:11:51 PM