You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Privacy is about the fair, legal and transparent collection, use, sharing, deleting or otherwise ‘processing’ of personal data. The Global Privacy Team, through the Global Privacy Program, drives recognition of American Express as the world’s most respected service brand through progressive leadership in privacy, striving to be the company of choice for privacy.
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) works closely with colleagues across the Blue-Box to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation to accelerate our digital strategy forward.
This Manager position is part of the Enterprise Privacy Choice Capability (EPCC) team within the Enterprise Digital and Analytics team. The EPCC team is responsible for developing and maintaining privacy choice management capability. This position will work closely with key stakeholders from Global Privacy team, technology, legal, compliance, business partners and vendors to launch privacy initiatives globally. You’ll be responsible for developing the strategy and vision for the capabilities and you will own product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision.
- As a product owner, facilitate agile application development teams to deliver technology solutions.
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlog, including collaboration across a wide net of stakeholders.
- Act as the “center of excellence” in sharing best practices with local markets on how to capture and communicate Customer Privacy choices.
- Develop capability strategy based on an understanding of existing processes, emerging trends and industry practices.
- Define scope, design, and implement global privacy capabilities to drive measurable improvements in customer privacy experience that meet all the regulatory requirements
- Support overall program management including platform/project development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance while mitigating/escalating risks.
- Execute analytics to proactively monitor customer privacy trends and recommend solutions to enhance customer experience/operational efficiency of capability.
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to process efficiency and platform performance.
- Document privacy processes, develop controls and perform testing to ensure privacy compliance.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in technical solutions/capability development
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Agile Product Manager/Owner role
- Passionate about and expertise in building systems/capability, proactive and hungry to learn
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to build and leverage relationships across the Blue Box
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- A good acumen for and experience in pulling, analyzing, slicing and dicing large amounts of data while deriving significant insights and recommendations.
- Strong organizational/relationship management skills.
- Experience in managing competing priorities and
- Working knowledge of HIVE, SQL, UNIX, SAS, relational databases is must.
- Prior experience in privacy, risk, or information management in required.
- Working experience in Agile or Agile certification is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021, 4:18:28 PM