American Express is changing the way we work.
We are innovating and re-imagining our processes and customer and colleague journeys so we can deliver on our promise and be a world class Company and employer. Intelligent automation technology is an important part of how we are going to make this happen.
Across the Company, there are many examples of how colleagues are using technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), as well as emerging techniques like Machine Learning. There is potential to do much more and achieve a meaningful lift in productivity, customer experience and satisfaction, and colleague engagement.
The Enterprise Automation Strategy team is responsible for leading enterprise-level efforts to substantially accelerate the adoption of intelligent automation solutions. They are champions and change agents for the entire company as it relates to automation and are the face of automation for American Express, building on our brand as innovators and thought leaders in how automation can drive business performance.
The Director, Process Management in Enterprise Automation Strategy will be an ambassador of automation across the Company, working with organizational stakeholders across the enterprise to identify opportunities for automation that will optimize business processes and performance. This role will work closely with business teams to leverage design thinking principles to reimagine end-to-end business processes using intelligent automation, delivering significant improvements in efficiencies across the company and massively improving our business operations.
- Be a subject matter expert in intelligent automation capabilities, including 1) Robotic Process Automation (RPA), 2) Optical Character Recognition (OCR), 3) Business Process Management (BPM) and workflow tools, 4) Data Visualization and reporting tools, and 5) Machine Learning and other “cognitive” technologies.
- Implement and leverage process intelligence capabilities and analytics to help define detailed end-to-end process flows and anomalies for key journeys, discover automation opportunities and highlight areas of improvement.
- Leverage design thinking principles to conduct workshops with business partners to reimagine end-to-end customer and colleague journeys, looking beyond individual business actions and tasks to deliver more comprehensive transformations using intelligent automation capabilities.
- Lead several enterprise “big bet” initiatives to deploy intelligent automation solutions, coordinating with multiple Business Units and taking an analytical approach to deliver greater value to the enterprise.
- Be an effective advocate for automation and work with product teams across American Express to fundamentally change the way we work.
- This is a continuously evolving space and this role is expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends for potential incorporation into the enterprise.
- The successful candidate will have experience in the intelligent automation space, with knowledge of each of the intelligent automation capabilities.
- A strong background in industrial engineering and in-depth experience with agile methodologies and with continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, etc. & experience conducting design thinking initiatives is a plus.
- Experience using analytical assessments and tools (including machine learning) to understand business processes and create innovative approaches that optimize processes across business strategies and automation capabilities.
- An ability to collaborate effectively and partner with multiple functional teams including Technologies, Operations and others.
- Exceptional communication skills and a consultative approach in addressing business units’ automation needs and process
- Proven enterprise thinker, able to successfully lead large-scale, transformational activities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills.
- A creative problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity, challenging the status quo and with a proven ability to solve unstructured problems.
- Keen understanding of intelligent automation trends, current technology standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related business discipline.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 8:07:56 PM