You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Do you see data or a better way to improve business and lives?
Today, there’s a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you’ll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you’ll be doing.
We are looking for an experienced DBA with design and development skills to work in a dynamic agile environment to deliver database solutions for our enterprise.
The core technical skills are for an experienced Oracle and Postgres design and development DBA with interest in other databases including NoSQL. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with Python and knowledge of Java would be an advantage; interest in supporting DevOps initiatives is a further need.
This is a primarily a customer facing role partnering with application product teams to dynamically design and deploy business solutions in a rapid responsive manner. As well as customer-oriented team skills, plus design and development skills, DBA expertise for performance turning, troubleshooting, evaluating technology options and solutions will be key.
The bulk of the work will be to support database development and DevOps in both Oracle and Postgres:
- Hands-on experience with design and development or large mission critical databases across Oracle and Postgres, and ideally some other relational and / or NoSQL databases.
- Broader understanding of other Relational & NoSQL Database Technologies and potential to expand into those areas
- Hands-on expertise with database design both ER Modelling and NoSQL Data Modelling using tools like ERStudio & Hackolade
- Hands-on expertise in DB Performance Tuning, Query Optimization & Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of database build automation techniques (e.g. Liquibase, XLR) is advantageous
- Knowledge of data processing paradigms such as ETL, ELT, replication
- Familiar with Python and knowledge of Java would be an advantage; exposure to supporting DevOps initiatives is a further need
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficiency and ideally certifications in PostgreSQL and Oracle and how to employ them in modern hybrid cloud, microservice architectures
- Knowledge and ideally certifications in Python and Java, with some experience of DevOps
- Univeristy Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 4:30:30 AM