You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express provides powerful backing to our customers by delivering exceptional financial products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. The Enterprise Digital Application Experiences team is a core part of cardmember acquisition, having responsibility for growing new accounts acquired, billed business acquired, and accounts receivable by accelerating the completed applications experiences for our global customer base.
In this role, you will support a Product Manager to define and deliver our Global Digital Acquisition Platform that powers all American Express’s card application experiences. These applications help prospects and existing customers apply for our products with the least amount of effort, wherever and however they choose. The key user of this platform product will be other product teams building application journeys. Your goal will be to make it efficient for those product teams to provide a robust and streamlined experience for our applicants. You will anticipate capabilities needed to address regulatory requirements, streamline the application process, and simplify the jobs of our customer service team. You will do this by understanding the differences and similarities of our user’s mindsets and goals across all markets and through all channels such as online, telemarketing, in-person, and partner.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Perform research and interviews to uncover user and product team opportunities and brainstorm new paths to satisfy those
- Create dashboards for team and product KPIs to monitor progress toward goals
- Help team execute on the product vision and roadmap
- Help manage risks to ensure successful product deliveries
- Research application journey metrics to identify opportunities
- Ensure reusability, maintainability, scalability of all platform capabilities
- Help team to define, refine, and execute processes
- Document team processes, priorities, and learnings
- Help collate and document team updates, open decisions, risks, and dependencies
- Support Product Managers to:
- Write and refine user stories
- Align, gather, and maintain requirement documents including mockups, journey flows, technical product flows, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in Agile ceremonies
- 1-2 years’ experience as a technical product manager/owner or business analyst
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn
- Self-sufficient – willingness and ability to work proactively and independently
- Conversant with software architecture, systems integration, APIs, and fundamentals of full-stack web development
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Ability to identify and clarify problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels to influence and drive results without direct authority
- Highly effective relationship management
- Strong attention to organization and detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to summarize complex analyses for various audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Design or other related field (or equivalent professional work experience)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 10:48:25 AM