You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express provides powerful backing to our customers by delivering exceptional financial products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. The Enterprise Digital Application Experiences team is a core part of cardmember acquisition, having responsibility for growing new accounts acquired, billed business acquired, and accounts receivable by accelerating the completed applications experiences for our global customer base.
In this role, you will define and deliver our Global Digital Acquisition Platform that powers all American Express’s card application experiences. These applications help prospects and existing customers apply for our products with the least amount of effort, wherever and however they choose. The key user of this platform product will be other product teams building application journeys. Your goal will be to make it efficient for those product teams to provide a robust and streamlined experience for our applicants. You will anticipate capabilities needed to address regulatory requirements, streamline the application process, and simplify the jobs of our customer service team. You will do this by understanding the differences and similarities of our user’s mindsets and goals across all markets and through all channels such as online, telemarketing, in-person, and partner.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Define the product vision and roadmap for our Global Digital Acquisition Platform
- Be a passionate advocate for customers enabling our other product teams to meet their needs more readily
- Perform research and interviews to continuously uncover user and product team opportunities and brainstorm new paths to satisfy those
- Define and build self-service tools decreasing time to market
- Ensure reusability, maintainability, scalability of the platform
- Work with technical leadership to define architecture to solve recurring inefficiencies and complexities
- Measure time to market and product team efficiency to understand impact of platform capabilities
- Prioritize feature backlog to ensure that work focuses on the most impactful product platform improvements.
- Continually stay abreast of new product and customer needs and the changing regulatory, competitive, and technological landscape
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing and refining features and user stories, documenting customer and technical flows, and validating software functionality.
- Lead and coach an associate product manager/owner
- 3-4 years' experience as a technical product manager/owner
- Proficient at investigating customer needs and problems
- Robust knowledge of software architectural patterns, systems integration, APIs, and fundamentals of full-stack web development.
- Advanced understanding of UX principles to make journeys intuitive
- Understanding of software performance monitoring and analytics
- Strong ability to analyze user experience metrics and other data to determine priorities, opportunities, and issues with product
- Ability to define and improve processes
- Qualitative and quantitative customer research experience
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles: backlog refinement, sprint planning, writing user stories, MVP, sprint demos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build positive relationships, and influence decisions with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, engineering, legal, compliance, risk)
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools to summarize complex analyses for various audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Design or other related field (or equivalent professional work experience)
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
Employment visa sponsorship for these positions.t eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 10:38:46 AM