“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Within the One Amex product suite, the American Express Design Language System (One DLS) saves teams time and resources by providing ready to use front-end components and design guidelines that bring consistency to the American Express customer journey. Containing over 300 plug-and-play components and styles, One DLS supports multiple frameworks today and is looking to expand into web components. Carefully maintained guidelines provide clear rules as well as best practices to help teams adopting the design system and setting the standard in design across the enterprise. By providing One DLS to the entire enterprise, we are able to dramatically improve teams’ strategic agility, speed to market, transparency, and the business value they drive.
The library and guidelines are maintained by a team of product managers, designers and engineers that are constantly working to evolve the library through user research, testing and ideation.
- Developing accessible, composable components for reuse across the enterprise
- Building supporting libraries for reuse with an open-source mindset
- Providing support to hundreds of engineers using the DLS
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality, cross-browser-compatible code
- Optimizing components for maximum accessibility & performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Automating builds, testing, deployments and otherwise manual processes
- Thoroughly reviewing pull requests and identifying breaking changes
- Mentoring other engineers and providing technical guidance
- Provide accurate estimates and scope considerations to facilitate roadmap and PI planning
- Collaborate closely with designers to identify and communicate specific requirements that might influence design decisions
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation to drive adoption of the DLS
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Proficient with CSS2/CSS3
- Knowledge of accessibility and Web Standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with using design language systems or similar
- Understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with web components
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Experience writing automated tests including unit, integration, visual and performance testing.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
- Experience building libraries of reusable visual components
- Has existing OSS contributions or created libraries that work outside of their application
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2021, 10:07:04 AM