You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Project Manager, Kabbage Checking
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. As part of American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS), a global leader in commercial payments solutions, Kabbage will continue to offer an integrated suite of digital checking, payments, financing, and cash flow management products and tools.
Kabbage operates as an agile FinTech group within the broader GCS organization, to develop and enhance innovative digital solutions for small businesses customers. “Kabbagers” are innovative, customer-obsessed, FinTech market-savvy, and passionate about creating market-leading products that deliver exceptional customer experiences.
The Project Manager, Kabbage Checking will be responsible for driving ongoing initiatives and project efforts across Kabbage and external partner teams, to deliver successful iterations of the Kabbage Business Checking Account. The Project Manager will own the technical project plan, collaborate with Product Development, Technology, and external bank partners to manage sequencing and timelines, and track ongoing progress of key workstreams to ensure timely releases. In addition, this role includes working with cross-functional partners across Technology, Marketing, Risk, Operations, Legal, and Compliance to deliver on the near-term product roadmap, ensure the product strategy is successfully executed, and drive sustainable growth through delivery of continuous enhancements and innovative features.
In this role, you will:
- Manage ongoing project plans and coordinate across multiple stakeholders (internal and external), to ensure the Kabbage Checking team is executing against the product roadmap, and meeting target release dates for new features and enhancements
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional meetings to manage tasks to the project timeline, gather statuses, capture progress, and manage through the project plan.
- Support agile development planning and implementation of technology development projects that evolve product capabilities and system integration, in order to support product features and customer experiences
- Interact with external vendors to escalate issues, track progress and drive to resolution. Coordinate discussions between vendors and technical and business resources to complete deliverables.
- Support the Third-Party Lifecycle Management process across our external vendors.
- Support product and process design with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners across the organization to account for requirements from credit and fraud risk, financial crimes, compliance, regulatory and legal
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management, with expertise in Financial Services (Retail or Business Banking, or B2B payments experience preferred)
- Excellent project/process management and prioritization skills, with demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with agile product development and delivery, knowledge of global payments platforms preferable
- Experience coordinating between Business and Technology teams to define, prioritize, & deliver projects
- Ability to build relationships, influence others, and bring multiple cross-functional teams together toward common goals
- Experience and comfort in navigating roadblocks and escalating risks to delivering projects on schedule
- Self-starter and solutions-driven, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities
- Comfort in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Software Application Skills – Proficiency in Jira, Rally, Excel, Visio and Power Point
- Strong communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences across leadership levels
- Bachelor's Degree required; Project Management Certification or Master’s Degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021, 2:15:54 PM