You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Advanced experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
- Advanced Experience in developing enterprise systems in Java/Python
- Advanced Experience in REST API Services development and Cloud integration
- Leverage state of the art implementation patterns and best practices to solve problems and enable solutions
- Proven experience with Spark on BigData platform working with large data sets
- Experience with different ETL processes and tools
- Experience with production level execution of machine learning techniques and algorithms is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Meta Data
- Advanced experience in data security frameworks
- Advanced experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Test automation
- Leverage and integrate code CI/CD pipeline to enable orchestration of builds, testing and deployments
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product Managers on solution design
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
- Strong communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching of engineers
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 8:28:03 PM