American Express, the world’s most respected service brand, has outstanding opportunities for Industrial Engineers to work in our Global Servicing Group.
Our IEs act as internal business consultants to support our servicing and operations business groups. Our primary goals are to enable superior customer experiences while reducing costs, by improving and optimizing systems and processes. You will be leading and supporting efforts to collect data, analyze for insights, develop proposals & recommendations for senior leadership, and deploy improvements to our systems & processes. Projects will give exposure to multiple different business groups across the enterprise, coordinating with Technologies, Finance, Risk, Operations, Marketing, Brand, external vendors, and many more.
What type of work can you expect to do as an Industrial Engineer at American Express?
- Directly lead projects & make a real world impact on our business & Card members.
- Gain experience with & create world class strategies, systems, and processes.
- Leverage your statistical manufacturing tools and consulting techniques in the finance industry.
- Work as a team member in a large engineering organization of IEs, Analysts, & Project Managers – dedicated to helping improve business processes & drive optimization.
- Experience diversified opportunities at our Phoenix & Florida service centers – with full-time opportunities nationwide & globally.
- Diverse career growth opportunities horizontally (IE, Senior IE, Lead IE, Project Manager) and vertically (VP and Director roles) – all directly within the engineering organization.
- Competitive compensation package for internships – with summer relocation support.
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate orally & in writing with superiors & peers.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem solving methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Results driven with the ability to manage projects & initiatives to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups.
- Knowledge & exposure using common IE software (such as Excel, MiniTab, etc).
- Knowledge, exposure, or expertise in multiple IE topics, such as the following:
continuous improvement • complex problem solving • cost benefit analysis • Six Sigma • lean • project management • statistics • operations research • simulation • data mining • regression analysis • forecasting • quality control / statistical process control • work/motion study • design of experiments • process or value stream mapping • etc.
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program in Industrial/Operations/Manufacturing/System/Operations Engineering, Informatics, Information Technology/Systems, Supply Chain, Engineering Management, Industrial Distribution, Business Data Analytics and Statistics, Logistics
- Students must be in progress on their upper division course work. (junior / senior)
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
Must have attended National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Conference in 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Learn more at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: USTech, Handshake UNV 12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2021, 11:44:42 PM