You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
It begins with a Card Member using an American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world – the rest is up to us. The Network Solutions & Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions through the global payments processing network that we develop and manage.
NSO is unique within the Enterprise. We work across almost every American Express business unit as well as external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today, such as securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within NSO will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen while giving you the chance to drive enterprise growth and help deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
The Network Delivery team within NSO works to deliver a full-scale modernization of the network, including delivering new digital products such as Debit, Local networks, QR, Tokenization that enable our network of the future to meet the evolving demands of global payment networks and adapt to local needs while ensuring continued global interoperability. This enables the Enterprise to attract new customers, operate in new markets, react to changing regulatory demands, and process new types of payments.
As a Senior Product Owner on the Data Capabilities team, you’ll help drive the Network Data strategy/roadmap and lead the delivery of data capabilities based on the roadmap. You’ll collaborate closely with the Network Product and Architecture teams to envision the features and capabilities, work with the Engineering teams to bring data solutions to market and partner with stakeholder businesses across the Enterprise to execute strategies that ultimately drive customer value and new Network opportunities.
- This business-facing role requires a candidate with strong data management background who understands data, how to ingest data, proper use/consumption, data quality, and stewardship and data insights/analytics
- Work collaboratively across various stakeholder groups, including Network, Acquiring and Issuing businesses, Marketing, Technologies and Compliance, to envision and deliver Data capabilities on the new Network
- Define and maintain Data product roadmap and collaborate with the Engineering teams to deliver capabilities through program increments (PIs)
- Help define use cases for leveraging network data and articulate business value and benefit realization
- Lead the envisioning for Data capabilities partnering with business and technical architects, subject matter expert and product owners to create capabilities and features
- Work with product owners and scrum teams to help groom the backlog, prioritize and accountable for the delivery of features/capabilities through program increment delivery, ensuring quality and predictability
- Support Scaled agile delivery framework and champion Network Modernization program objectives and key results
- Work in a team of high-performing product professionals in a very collaborative environment
- 7+ years of experience as a product owner/product manager preferably with data management, data governance and/or related domain
- Experience in working in building large scale, high performance data solutions preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in Payment industry with familiarity with B2B and Network products is desired
- Experience with project management methodologies (Agile preferred) to deliver in a large scale, complex projects/programs with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Transformation mindset with strong customer focus
- Exceptional relationship management and conflict resolution skills; with a proven track record of influencing and gaining buy-in for product strategies
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, strong business acumen and the proven ability to effectively articulate business objectives required
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership
- Experience in managing Engineering teams in open-source stack including Cassandra, Elastic Search, Spark is desired
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2021, 2:51:41 PM