“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of payment card industry. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience and strategic thinking, in areas of real time, high available and highly scalable application development, join our Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to help transform the Amex legacy systems to a state of the art distributed and global processing environment. This individual will architect cutting-edge strategies for the payment process using latest computing techniques driving proof of concepts with strong hands-on experience. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills to adopt the concepts into production.
About Enterprise Architecture (EA):
EA as an organization aims to set the bar for technology at American Express. The two main drivers of EA’s success are its frameworks (common services to be leveraged by engineering teams across the enterprise) and its Major Engagements (high priority, business critical projects which need architectural guidance and support). The Staff Architect in EA will be expected to do hands-on programming to develop reusable, platform-agnostic frameworks, as well as work with product/business teams to design resilient, highly available, scalable distributed systems.
Specifically about this role:
This B40-Engineering Director (Infrastructure) position will be part of the Enterprise Logging Framework (ELF) team. We are looking for an outstanding technologist who eats, sleeps, and breathes infrastructure and brings strong leadership skills to the table. The B40-Engineering Director (Infrastructure) will be key partner in collaborating with the global infrastructure organization to configure hardware, support and configure the ELF framework infrastructure, and manage a team of infrastructure support engineers to ensure ELF deployment is swift and seamless.
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Configure, support, and manage infrastructure for the Enterprise Logging Framework
- Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Participate in both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 8 or more years of experience in developing and supporting large scale distributed systems
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Release Management, Patching Management, Asset Management
- Change and Incident Management and ITIL concepts
- Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
- Expertise in Cloud, storage, network, load balancer, and firewall technologies with a security-first mindset
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Hands on experience in the following environments is preferred:
Amazon Open Distro Elastic, Java, Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Drools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 4:25:23 PM