“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day."
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the products of the future. If that fits your career vision, look no further.
The role requires a customer-centric product manager who is motivated by working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. It is an opportunity to help create net new servicing experience to deliver measurable and quantifiable results. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong customer instincts, shapes ideas into plans and is known for working across “one-team” to accomplish them.
This role will also be responsible for delivering persona driven experience that allows seamless customer interactions in an omni-channel world in which journeys are built with the customer-centric design and engineered on a modern technical stack. Help establish best practices and design thinking and processes that drive best-in-class digital and omni-channel customer experiences.
This Product Owner will be responsible for defining features, user stories, articulating use cases, defining and bringing to life the foundational technical components that will facilitate the vision of having a single platform for all Customer Care Professionals so they can provide the best customer experience every day. This individual will work closely with other Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, UX Designers, and engineers.
The incumbent will lead transformation of servicing platform, play a central role in detailing the blueprint, and work in close partnership with stakeholders in all servicing lines of business to arrive at the best design/solution and responsible for the overall product vision and roadmap, customer experience, grooming requirements, prioritization.
- Develops the product strategy and high-level product plans and ensures that scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Experience in elevating the overall quality of UX/UI design of the customer journeys and in build new products features.
- Design global foundational servicing capabilities that can be re-used across multiple customer servicing journeys.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand all existing servicing customer journeys and how they are used across business units today.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across multiple servicing lines of business, to brainstorm innovative solutions, and drive the common future vision
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, partner feedback, and research into a vision that provides a clear, useful, and desirable outcome
- Work in close partnership with Capabilities and AET to build next generation servicing capabilities, designed for easy to use and faster learning experience for CCPs.
- Influences, leads, and communicates among constituents within program increment/big room planning with respect to the product vision, features, and relevant milestones.
- Partner closely with the Capabilities, Operations, and Engineering teams to enhance usability as well as the look and feel of the customer journeys.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- 4+ years of experience in developing product requirements & roadmaps, driving product development and management.
- Strong business / industry work experience, with proven experience in designing customer-centric product features / journeys.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into prioritized Capabilities and Features for execution.
- Strong experience of driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and the ability to articulate product functionality
- Deep knowledge of Product Ownership role and proven ability to create systems from the ground up.
- Detailed oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project
- Understanding of American Express technology and product development processes, known as a person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive transformational change and also work on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to gain alignment, and influence priorities.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence to reach desired outcomes.
- Ability to build strong relationships with strategy & technology partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to situations to quickly resolve issues and/or gain alignment.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
- Understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) principles and experience effectively managing a backlog of competing initiatives desirable
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a strong desire to collaborate and learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred.
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 11:24:06 AM