“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
If you have a strong will to learn and educate and are motivated by the opportunity to help grow our team and be a part of an industry-leading technology and innovation organization, then look no further! This is an opportunity to lead the Technology Enterprise Data Management (the technical implementation of data governance) while heavily influencing a series of Enterprise Technology capabilities (e.g. AI/ML, Big Data, Cloud, Real-Time Event Processing & Analytics, etc.) to support the end-to-end development and execution of Amex's data management strategy, and to drive engineering excellence. You will be solving very interesting problems that directly and greatly impact hundreds of millions of individuals worldwide. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
This role within American Express Technology (AET) will report into the leader overseeing Enterprise Data Architecture, Enterprise Machine Learning Engineering, Enterprise Real-Time Event Processing and Analytics Platform, as well as Chairing the Technology Risk Model Committee.
- Partner with business, product, and engineering teams to unlock the power of leveraging data across Amex.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and implementation of Enterprise Data Management capabilities, to enable the technical implementation of Data Governance on-premises and on Cloud.
- Lead the Implementation of a series of technology solutions to enable Data Cataloging, Data Discovery & Classification, Data Lineage, Data Integration, Metadata Repository and Presentation across the enterprise.
- Partner with Enterprise Data Architecture in the data design of complex engineering solutions for both Realtime & Batch data feeds spanning across SQL, No-SQL, Big data & Cloud.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to facilitate continuous improvements on data management related efforts.
- Be a thought leader around all things Data, reviewing current and future needs alongside the Executive Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, EEE, Statistics, Math, Industrial Engineering, Operational Research, Physics, Financial Engineering, or related STEM fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years full lifecycle product development and engineering leadership in highly available, highly scalable, high throughput systems
- Experience in building and delivering sophisticated platforms that leverage various technologies (e.g. Python, JAVA/J2EE/Web Technologies, APIs/Web-Services) and are able to scale optimally.
- Good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Neo4J, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with industry leading data management tools that support the data lifecycle, and capable of setting and driving long term data architecture roadmaps in alignment with corporate strategic objectives.
- Experience with the following Data Management tools (or similar tools):
- ER Studio
- Experience with following message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ tools and technologies is a plus:
- Amazon Kinesis / GCP PubSub
- Apache Flink
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Kylin
- Apache NiFi
- Apache Samza
- Apache Spark
- Apache Storm
- Zeppelin/ Jupyter
- Experience in development and operation on public Cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus.
- Strong team leadership and talent development mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 12:21:10 PM