You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
About The Role
Technology Risk and Information Security is seeking an experienced and creative Principal UX Designer with a background in communications and design to revolutionize our communications and marketing strategy. Our UX designers know it’s not enough to help people get things done, you need to help them get it done in the best way possible. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here. After all, we’re the company that built our entire business on delivering the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction. The Principal UX Designer will be focused on creating designs and artifacts for the existing and new IAM experiences provide superior service, as well as support integrated digital products used by our internal customers to achieve their goals across IAM products. The Principal UX Designer will leverage One Amex architecture with UX best practices in new/different ways to create streamlined and intuitive servicing journeys that delight our internal customers. We are seeking a candidate with a creative mindset, passion for the customer experience and an eye towards business efficiency.
As a part of our fast-moving, agile team, you’ll be responsible for the user experience, including:
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users.
- Creating detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae’s, usability testing stimulus, and site maps.
- Working closely with colleagues to brainstorm and create concepts for mobile, tablet and desktop environments.
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- Undertake UX research activities to help evaluate, design and test new servicing experiences and/or enhancing existing ones.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to come up with the best design solutions and complete user testing.
- Ensure solutions are consistent and designed according to user centered principles
- Produce high fidelity designs and interactive prototypes for both business and engineering teams to consume
- Be the voice of the customer to internal teams and business partners - and feed in appropriate recommendations based on insights to drive development and decision making
- Give and solicit feedback from fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
In this role you will also create, lead and execute the creation of a modern communications and marketing process. This new process will engage and educate our peer groups and internal customers about the products and services our organization delivers. You will design and produce documentation and marketing material including videos, infographics, blogs, podcasts, intranet pages, posters, logos, icons and the occasional PowerPoint. You will also drive the design of user interfaces for the web-based software products our organization develops.
- 3-5 years experience in digital communications
- Ability to write in an engaging and fun style that excites customers
- Deep understanding of modern communication tools including Slack, Confluence, Jive, SharePoint, etc
- Experience using design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, XD, Camtasia, Premiere, After Effects, etc
- Experience with mocking-up intuitive web and mobile user interfaces
- Experience working in a large corporate environment is a plus
- Experience with Information security is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 11:42:20 AM