You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
As a Cloud Platform Resiliency & Performance Quality Engineer, you will be driving Resiliency and Performance testing efforts for the next generation of Platform-as-a-Service for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business Partners and Systems Engineers and have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
- Perform in-depth testing, which may include running destructive and load tests in order to determine the resiliency and high availability of the Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Simulate workloads, network, and software conditions needed to test resiliency, reliability & availability of the platform
- Capture performance metrics to baseline the system performance under load
- Predict performance and identify bottlenecks that could arise in the production environment
- Demonstrate coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate integration and functional UI & API tests
- Through utilization of the software testing lifecycle, develop test plans, cases and scripts against platform testing scenarios providing analysis and reporting on the results.
- Over 3 years of experience as Software Development Engineer in Test or as Automation Quality engineer
- 3+ years of experience as Resiliency and Performance test engineer
- 2+ years hands-on test automation experience (Java preferred)
- Some exposure exposure to cloud technologies and Platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP) Knowledge on logging & monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, etc is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2021, 11:43:07 PM