You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the Global Commercial Services Technology (GCST) team within GCS is to partner with our Product teams to deliver a suite of payments solutions that make us the best choice for customers.
Shared capabilities are at the heart of future developments for GCS, this role is to drive adoption of both the actual capabilities, and the mind set needed to make GCS’s technology assets global, composable and reusable for all products which we delight our customers.
The role of the Engineering Directors is equally split between working with our product organisation to understand the context and needs, and technology to bring that vision to life. You will be able to hold technical conversations with our engineers, and support our product organisation in understanding the implications of their decisions.
- Drive change and adoption of Shared Capabilities across GCS
- Roadmap and implementation strategies for Shared Capabilities.
- Drive innovation and lead engineering development within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Drive the adoption of GCS Engineering Excellence framework and practices, focusing on inner-source and incremental value delivery
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Focus on building platforms and reusable components.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the essential changes.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, partners, Engineers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021, 10:50:33 AM