“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Design and develop new programs, analyze current programs and processes Write, edit, and debug programs using Assembler, TPFDF, TPFC for the assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output. Collaborate with project team lead and team members throughout the entire software development life cycle, in understanding business needs and creation of product requirement. Implement best practices in software development, such as documenting code and other practices necessary for delivering sustainable and working software. Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes. Responsible for quality and timeliness of assigned workload to agreed timelines, standards, and defined requirements. Ability to work independently. Basic knowledge of distributed system is a plus.
- Technology : TPF Assembler, TPF C, TPF C++, TPFDF, DFDL
- Tools: zTPFGI
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 10:31:17 AM