You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Build Proof of Concepts and lead the team in extending concepts to Enterprise Systems.
- Ability to effectively debug and resolve technical issues and/or defects which may be reported as a result of faults in the production system.
- Manage risks and issues as well as cross dependencies with other teams. Communicate effectively with internal teams and client to address technical design and functional gaps.
- Partner with stakeholders to continuously upgrade applications/platforms as per industry standards and Technology stack latest offerings
- Harness the opportunities to build Intellectual Property within the team and for the enterprise.
6+ years of hands-on software development experience in related technology on Big Data technologies like Spark, Scala, Python, Hive, MapReduce, YARN, Unix.
Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools (e.g. Java, Big Data Components/ Frameworks Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Python, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, etc.)
Strong analytical skills and programming skills, in production environment.
Working knowledge of highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
Knowledge of DevOps Practices.
Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools
Experience with Dev Ops automated testing tools such Sonarqube, Jenkins, JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.
Must have experience in using Version Controls like Git, Stash, BitBucket and Tools like Rally for Agile methodologies.
Familiarity with agile and scrum software development methodologies
Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and define optimal requirements
Problem solving, project management and analytical skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
Experience with SAS products will be a plus.
Experience with any cloud-based provider like AWS, Azure, or Google cloud is a plus.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 1:08:03 PM